Can You Record a Google Meet Event?
You can easily record an event directly in Google Meet if you’re the meeting organizer or a participant with recording permissions. Currently, Google Meet events can only be recorded from desktop devices using the app’s recording features.
You can get around Google Meet recording restrictions if you need to record from a mobile device or if your meeting organizer has not been granted recording permissions. Most devices have built-in recording features that make it easy to record and share Google Meet events online on platforms like YouTube and Facebook.
Can You Record a Google Meet Meeting as a Participant?
It’s easy to record a Google Meet meeting as a participant if the event organizer has enabled recording for participants. You simply use Google Meet’s video recording features to capture the session. Below, we’ll provide step-by-step instructions for recording this way.
If you haven’t been granted permission to record from your event’s organizer, you’ll have to use third-party screen recording software or your device’s built-in recording features. This might sound complicated, but it’s pretty easy. We’ve also included all of the instructions you’ll need to record a Google Meet event from any device.
Can I Record a Google Meet Meeting Without Participants?
Unfortunately, Google Meet does not make it easy to record without showing the meeting participants. However, there are some things you can change in your settings to minimize the likelihood of other participants being recorded:
- Select Spotlight as your screen layout so that you or the person presenting will display on the screen during the Google Meet event.
- Disable mics and cameras for all participants so they will not interrupt you or your presenter being shown in Spotlight view.
You should be aware that even if you take these steps, chats will still be recorded and will appear in your video playback.
How Do I Record a Google Meet Meeting?
The Google Meet recording feature makes it very easy to record your webinar, video call, or other Google Meet event using the app if you’re the meeting organizer or if the meeting organizer has enabled recording for participants. Use the desktop program to record a Google Meet video because the app does not yet support recording on other devices.
Follow these steps to learn how to record a Google Meet event using the program’s recording features:
- Open the Google Meet App.
- Start your meeting and go to the bottom of the screen to find the meeting recording feature.
- Click Activities and then select Start Recording. Click Start.
- Your recording will begin, and all meeting participants will be advised the meeting is being recorded.
- Click Stop recording at any time to end your video recording.
The recorded meeting is saved in Google My Drive inside the Meet Recording Folder. Additionally, a recording link is sent to the person who started the recording and the meeting organizer.
How Do I Record a Google Meet Meeting as a Participant?
You can record a meeting and save it to your Google Drive using the steps above if you’re a participant that has been granted recording permission and recording from a desktop device. You’ll need to find an alternative recording method if you’re a participant without recording authorization or if you’re using a phone or tablet to record online videos.
How to Record Google Meet on a Computer or Laptop
Whether you’re a Mac or PC person, there are ways to record Google Meet on your laptop or computer as a participant. Almost all desktop and laptop systems have built-in recorders that allow you to get around Google Meet’s recording restrictions.
How to Record Google Meet on Windows PC
Did you know you can record your screen using the Windows PowerPoint program? Most people think of PowerPoint as a program for creating presentations, but it also has a handy recording feature you can use to record Google Meet video.
Follow these steps to record a Google Meet event using PowerPoint:
- Open the Google Meet event you wish to record and display it on your screen.
- Open PowerPoint.
- Select Blank Presentation.
- Click on Insert Tab and choose Screen Recording.
- Once your screen grays out, hold down the Windows Key + Shift + F to capture your screen.
- Click Record.
You can Pause or Stop your recording at any time by hovering your mouse over the top of your screen to display a control panel.
How Do I Record a Google Meet Meeting on Windows 10?
Xbox Game Bar was created for gamers to record and share their gameplay sessions online. Still, you can also use it to make a Google Meets recording if you’re a participant without recording privileges. Use the steps below to record a Google session on your Windows 10 system using the Xbox Game Bar app.
- Open your Google Meet event and select the window it displays in.
- Open Xbox Game Bar from the apps in your Start Menu.
- Click Record, and the app will begin capturing your Google Meet event.
You can find your video recordings in the Videos folder of your Windows 10 system.
How to Record on Google Meet on Mac
It’s easier to create a Google Meet recording on a Mac than a PC because Macs let you start recording with just a few taps of the keyboard! Modern Macs come with native recording programs you can start using right away to record a Google Meet call.
Follow these steps to record Google Meet videos on your Mac:
- Press and hold the Command + Shift + 5 keys on your keyboard.
- Choose to record your full screen, just a portion of your screen, or a single window.
- Your Mac will start recording after a selection is made.
When you’re ready to stop recording, click Stop, and a thumbnail of your recording will appear on your screen. Click on the thumbnail to select where it will be saved.
How Do I Record a Google Meet Meeting in Browser?
You can record Google Meet video calls on either a PC or a Mac system from a browser window using the instructions provided above. On a PC, select the area of your screen that contains the window if you’re using PowerPoint. If you’re on a Mac, choose to record your browser window when the system prompts you with recording options. Xbox Game Bar can only record open browser windows.
How Do I Record a Google Meet on My Phone?
Our phone cameras have become so advanced that we can now use them as a webcam for HD recordings. However, Google Meet does not currently support recording from a mobile device, even if you’re the meeting organizer. You’ll have to download a third-party recorder or use your phone’s native recording features. Keep reading to learn how to record a Google Meet video call from any Android or Apple device using your phone’s built-in recording features.
How Do I Record a Google Meet Meeting on Android?
It’s simple to start a Google Meet recording on an Android 11 device after adjusting your setting slightly. Follow these instructions to be recording the screen of your Android to capture a Google Meet session:
- Open your Quick Settings and select Screen Recorder.
- Select the audio and video recording setting and choose Done.
- Accept the Android Screen Recorder request for access to your device.
- Tap on Start Recording.
How Do I Record a Google Meet on My iPhone?
iPhones have a built-in screen recording feature you can use to overcome Google Meet’s mobile recording limitations. Follow the below step-by-step instructions to get started using your iPhone to record Google Meet sessions on the go.
- Open Settings and select Control Center.
- Locate the Screen Recording options and tap on the + next to it.
- Go back to the Home screen and open your Control Center.
- Press and hold the Record button.
- Turn your mic on and enable audio recording by tapping the Microphone icon.
- Choose where your downloaded file will save after recording.
- Tap on Start Recording, and your video screen will be recorded after the countdown.
How to Record a Google Meet on Tablet
Since Google Meet doesn’t support recording Meet calls from tablets or phones, you’ll have to use the native recording features of your device or a third-party recording app to capture your screen. Below, we’ve provided step-by-step directions for how to record on Google Meet using your table’s built-in recording features.
- Open the Quick Panel by swiping down from the top of your screen.
- Select the Screen Recorder option.
- In the Sound Setting menu, choose your audio input. Select Media Sounds to record audio from the Google Meet event.
- Tap on Start Recording.
You can stop your recording at any time by tapping the Stop button. Note that Android tablets do not currently have a Pause feature. Make sure you’ve finished recording before pressing the Stop button.
How to Record a Google Meet Call on Chromebook
Chromebooks have great native recording and sharing features that are easy to use to get around Google Meet’s recording limitations. Follow these simple instructions below for how to record a Google Meet even on your Chromebook.
- Press and hold the Shift + Ctrl + Show Windows keys.
- Select Screen Recording from the menu that appears.
- Your recording will begin once you choose to record your entire screen, a portion of your screen, or a browser window.
How to Record a Google Meet on iPad
iPads running iOS 14 or later have a built-in recording feature that’s simple to use to record Google Meet video. Use the instructions below to record Google Meet events from your iPad screen.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Control Center and tap the + icon next to the Screen Recording option.
- Hold down the Record button.
- Activate your mic by tapping the Microphone button.
- Choose where your recording is saved.
- Tap Start Recording.
Alternative to Record Video Meetings in HD
You can use Google Meet’s built-in recording feature to capture your meeting, webinar, or other events, but you may want to consider using a platform that lets you do all of your video recording and video editing in one place.
While Google Meet has convenient recording features, you cannot edit your audio or video to use your recording as online content. It’s better to use screen recording software that makes it easy to edit and publish your recordings if you will be recording and sharing video meetings online frequently.
Riverside.fm makes it simple to record high-quality audio and video you can publish online with just a few clicks. This powerful remote creation platform is all you need to start recording, editing, and sharing HD video content on major social sites. Many big names in the entertainment industry trust Riverside.fm to create their content because it’s easy-to-use and provides automated features that allow anyone to edit their video and audio with a couple of clicks.
Some the features of the Riverside.fm platform we think you’ll love include:
- Localized recording that doesn’t rely on an internet connection to capture HD content
- Automated transcription features
- Easy-to-Use screen share capabilities
- Separate audio and video recording for more advanced editing
- Automatic editing using the Magic Editor tool
Record Your Google Meet Event From Any Device
Google Meet currently only supports recording from a desktop device, and you can only use the app’s recording feature if you’re the event organizer or have been granted recording permissions. Luckily, most devices have built-in recording features that make it easy for anyone to get around these recording restrictions. Though you can use your device's native recording features, we recommend recording your video meetings using recording software like Riverside.fm. This type of program lets you record, edit, and share your sessions all from the same place.
Google Meet Recording FAQs
Do you still have questions about how to record Google Meet events from your device? Our FAQ section will cover questions related to recording a Google Meet meeting.
When You Record a Google Meet Meeting, Where Does it Go?
Google Meet recordings save to the Meet Recording folder in your Google Drive. You will also receive an email with a link to the recording once your recording is processed and finalized.
Why Can't I Record My Google Meet Meeting?
Make sure you’re using a desktop device if you’re trying to record a Google Meet meeting. Recording is not supported on mobile devices. You also must be the event organizer or have permission from the organizer to record.
How Do I Convert Google Meet Recordings to MP4?
Google Meet recordings are saved as MP4 files. There is no need to convert them.
Can You Record a Google Meet Session?
Yes, there are many ways to record a Google meet session. Google Meet events can be recorded using the app’s recording features, with the built-in screen recorder of your device, or with a third-party screen recording program.
Why is There no Record Button on Google Meet?
You can only record on Google Meet if you’re using a desktop. Also, recording is only available to event organizers or participants with recording permission. If you can’t find a record button in Google Meet, you do not have the correct permissions to record.
Can You Record Google Meet Using a Screen Recorder?
Yes, meetings on Google Meet can be recorded using a screen recorder or your device’s built-in recording features.
Where is the Record Option in Google Meet?
Find the record option under the Activities section of Google Meet if you’re the organizer or participant with recording permissions. Select Recording and then Start recording.
How Do I Know if My Google Meet is Being Recorded?
Google Met will display a message to let you know your meeting is being recorded if the app’s recording features are being used. If someone is recording using their device’s built-in recording features or a third-party app, you won’t be able to tell.